Monday, August 6, 2012

Lightning Bolt

Lightning BOLT does it again - the 100m Olympic gold medalist in London.

Hussein Bolt is a very familiar name in the world of trivia and athletics.  I have always heard of that name and his name was mentioned in one of our sessions in the  Mizuno Run Academy (MOA).  I have never been as curious as now and more eager to see him in action in the Olympics.
I was fortunate enough that he was in action last night (or shall I say early this morning at around 3AM).  I just got home after my shift and the athletics competition's coverage was on tv.  It was a perfect timing, they were showing Bolt's warm up session - and it did gave me a hint that he will be in action soon.  I was not wrong.  I saw him in action during the 2nd heat of the 100m and won with 10.9s. I missed the semis, and I missed the finals. But what is more important for me is that I saw in action.
I was looking at his running form, his falling angle, and honestly, I just could not really figure out what in his form makes him really fast.  I noticed thought that there is a certain "push" or "shake" whatever you call it in his torso that appears to propel him when he is running and you can check that HERE.  Just so amazing.
His performance may not surpass the previous record but it did solidified his place in the world of athletics.


No comments:

Post a Comment

People may like/dislike what I say .. who cares... just say what you wanna say ...